The purpose of the Council is to serve as a body that represents student interests to the Upward Bound administration. Members will also learn valuable leadership tools for use later in life as they plan and implement student activities.
The roles of Council members are to represent student opinions and aim to bring students closer together as a community, be involved with orientation for new students, to be a bridge between students and staff, serve as representatives of the Program, and work with staff to help plan and host activities. Council members are to maintain a positive attitude toward both staff and other students.
Council members serve to bring forth the voices of their constituents and not solely their own opinions.
- The Council is the students' voice in the activities, policies, and services of Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math & Science programs. Members are responsible for bringing issues of concern, as well as possible solutions, to student council meetings.
- Each Council member is expected to attend all Council meetings, and he/she is responsible for notifying the Council and Advisor if an absence is unavoidable.
- All members must show respect in every way to all program participants. Discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated and will be handled accordingly. We are leaders and need to set a responsible example at all times.
- The Council will help sponsor programs that serve the needs of all UB and UBMS students and the surrounding community through residential hall activities and fundraising.
Interested in Joining Student Council for the 2022 - 2023 Academic Year? Submit your nomination here.
- February - April: Nominations, Campaigning & Voter Registration
- April 2022: Speeches & Voting