UB & UBMS programs have partnered with the Academic Community of Excellence (ACE) program at LMU to create and foster mentorship relationships between our high school students and current LMU students. UB & UBMS students can elect to be a part of our mentorship program where they will be paired with an ACE student. ACE prepares underrepresented students (students who might be from a low-income family or first-gen like UB/UBMS students) and other students of color to pursue graduate or professional school (Master's degrees, PhDs, medical school, physician assistant school, law school, etc.). They have a similar background to UB/UBMS students and want to not only get their bachelor's degree, but also go beyond that.
Visit the ACE website to learn more.
- One on one mentorship & guidance on the first year of college.
- Advice from a current LMU student in a similar field or major and career exploration opportunities.
- Have an LMU student role model.
- Help with establishing success strategies to do well in HS (time management, study skills, test-taking skills).
- Extracurricular activity to highlight on college applications.