SOEAA Board members consist of alumni and ex-officio members who bring all SOE alumni together in community with each other and the University. We strive to maintain a balanced membership that is diverse in ethnicity, race, gender, profession, class year, SOE degree and program, and other factors. You can nominate yourself or one of your fellow alumni to the SOEAA Board using the form below.
The SOEAA Board functions as an advisory group in matters related to the activities, services, and communications of the SOE and its alumni. The purpose of membership is to provide ideas, advice, counsel, and support with respect to the areas of focus and program initiatives of the SOEAA.
SOEAA Board members may serve one term consisting of three consecutive fiscal years (June 1 – May 31). At the invitation of the SOEAA Executive Committee, Board members may serve one additional three-year term.
As individuals, SOEAA Board members are expected to:
- Attend 75 percent of SOEAA Board meetings, and review materials prior to meetings
- Participate on committee(s) as appointed, and work to execute the activities of that committee.
- Attend events hosted by the SOEAA, School of Education, and University
- Invite fellow alumni to support and participate in University programs and events
- Make an annual gift of any amount to the LMU School of Education