Applicants for the Certificate in Catholic School Administration (and/or MA in Educational Leadership) are required to hold a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution; be currently employed by a Catholic school; be recommended to the program by a current Catholic school leader; and, show a demonstrated passion for leadership and innovative change.
Applications are submitted electronically (graduate.lmu.edu/apply). The online application will prompt you for the requirements.
- If applying for the Certificate only, please choose “Catholic School Administration Certificate” as the Program of Interest.
- If applying for both the Certificate and the M.A., please select the “Educational Leadership (MA) – Online” as the Program of Interest, with the additional drop-down of “Catholic School Administration Certificate” in the Credential/Certificate section.
Deadline to apply: May 15; rolling admission thereafter space permitting
- Official transcripts (one set) from any college or university where you received a bachelor's degree (as well as any transcipts for graduate level work beyond the bachelor's degree). Please have the applicable transcripts sent directly from your academic institution(s) electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Graduate Admission Office, Loyola Marymount University, Charles Von der Ahe Building, Suite 235, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045. (International transcripts will need to have an official evaluation completed by an approved agency to verify equivalency of a regionally accredited institution and applicable GPA. Please note the evaluating agency may take months to complete this task.)
- Personal Statement of Intent: (2 pages, double-spaced)
- Discuss your understanding of diversity, social justice, and student achievement. Discuss its implications for leadership and how it intersects with your personal leadership in your current school setting, as well as in future administrative leadership roles.
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation (1). One recommendation is required from a Catholic school leader that is able to address your academic and leadership aptitude. In the online application system you will be prompted to provide the name, title, and email address for the recommender. The recommender will then be sent a private link and instructions for submission. Please alert your recommender that they will receive an email direct from LMU. Please incorporate in your planning that recommenders may take 2-3 weeks to complete a recommendation.
(Feb/2022) The Online Certificate in Catholic School Administration program is currently available to permanent residents of the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and international students. State agreements may change periodically so if you don’t see your state listed, please check the LMU State Authorization and Professional Licensure Disclosures site for the most recent updates.