Admission - Graduate

Education Specialist Credential in Mild to Moderate Support Needs (Year 1) AND Master of Arts in Special Education (Year 2)

  • with Available Elementary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Included (year 1)

The Master of Arts in Special Education and/or Education Specialist Credential (with available included Elementary Multiple Subject Credential) teacher preparation program is for our candidates in or out of the classroom that desire a educational based career with in-depth understanding and skills to assist struggling learners. The Elementary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential is available for interested applicants with no additional coursework.  There are learning modality modifications, but no additional units, required in field experiences for the additional credential.

Request Detailed Information Packet.

Apply Online for Graduate Program:

Full details of application and admission requirements are available in the information packet as well as the online application.  These include:

  • Statement of Intent 
  • One set of official transcripts - Bachelor's Degree from Regionally Accredited Institution or International Equivalency.
  • Applicants who completed an undergraduate or graduate degree outside of the U.S.A. or U.S. Territory will need to provide a formal transcript evaluation by professional transcript evaluation agency.
  • Applicants whose citizenship if from a country where English is an official primary languge, also submit scores from an English Language Competency exam - TOEFL, IELTS, or DUOLINGO.  
  • Letters of Recommendation (number varies by Pathway - see Application)
  • Verification of 20 hours of experience working with culturally diverse youth in the age group you plan to teach. 
  • Professional Resume, including any paid or unpaid work with children in the K-12 age range

Program Non-Course Requirements - request info packet for timeline on submission.  Include in application if already completed.


Per Federal Regulation 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v), all LMU School of Education credential/licensure programs meet the California state requirements as specified by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and for the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences as appropriate. The institution has not made a determination as to whether these credential, licensure, and professional preparation programs meet the requirements of states outside of California. If you are interested in practicing outside the state of California, it is recommended that you contact the respective licensing entity of that state to seek information or guidance regarding their licensure and credential requirements in advance to allowing appropriate planning.