Please request a detailed information packet for full instructions on each of the following requirements. We look forward to supporting you through the process. Our online application is available for browsing and starting at any time. The application does walk you through each of the admission requirements which can help with your planning. You can return throughout the process to update as you go.
The priority application deadline for the CWA Authorization Program is June 15 for fall admission and November 15 for spring admission, however, earlier applications are encouraged to ensure space availability.
In the application process you will be asked to submit:
- Statement of Intent. Include a statement of intent (2-4 pages double-spaced) describing the relevant professional experience(s) you have working within (or toward) your PPS credential. Please also detail the ways in which the CWA Authorization will allow you to advance your career goals, drawing upon your current field and school experiences.
- Official transcripts of previous degree work. One set of official transcripts from the institution that awarded your Bachelor's Degree and one set of official transcripts from the institution that recommended you for your PPS Credential.
- Letters of Recommendation (2). The online system will send an email to each of the two individuals you list with instructions for them to directly upload into the system.
- Fieldwork Planning Document. This planning activity is geared towards identifying relevant strengths and experiences you bring to CWA authorization fieldwork, including areas of desired professional growth. It will serve as a blueprint for a CWA fieldwork experience that is tailored to your individual needs. (The template for this is available for download within the online application system.)
- Verification of your valid California PPS credential (available from the CTC website). Your PPS credential is required to be completed prior to enrollment in first class. A screen shot of the credential from the CTC website is sufficient.
- Resume. Include paid and volunteer work related to schools, school-age populations, and the counseling, psychology, or social work field.