Applications are completed and submitted online. The priority application deadline is June 15 for fall admission and November 15 for spring admission. CWA courses are not offered during the Summer semesters.
In the application process you will be asked to submit:
- Statement of Intent. Include a statement of intent (2-4 pages double-spaced) describing the relevant professional experience(s) you have working within (or toward) your PPS credential. Please also detail the ways in which the CWA Authorization will allow you to advance your career goals, drawing upon your current field and school experiences.
- Official transcripts of previous degree work. One set of official transcripts from the institution that awarded your Bachelor's Degree and one set of official transcripts from the institution that recommended you for your PPS Credential.
- Letters of Recommendation (2). Provide the name, title, and email contact for two individuals from amongst current or recent employers, professors, or supervising professionals, that are familiar with your work in the educational counseling, educational psychology, or social work field who are willing to write and submit a letter of recommendation for you. The online system will send an email automatically to each of the two individuals listed with instructions for direct uploading into the system.
- Fieldwork Planning Document. This planning activity is geared towards identifying relevant strengths and experiences you bring to CWA fieldwork, including areas of desired professional growth. It will serve as a blueprint for a fieldwork experience that is tailored to your individual needs. (The template for this is available for download within the online application system.)
- Verification of your valid California PPS credential (available from the CTC website). (If your PPS is in progress, please submit verification of your Certificate of Clearance.)
- Resume. Include paid and volunteer work related to schools, school-age populations, and the counseling, psychology, or social work field