We are gearing up for PLACE Corps Cohort 24!
Happy to see you here - let's get you started!
- Request a Detailed Info Packet sent to you via email.
- Review dates and RSVP to join us in the next virtual personalized Info Session.
- Set up a one-on-one appointment/consultation with PLACE Alumnus, Anthony Mangar.
|Ready, Set, Apply!|
|PLACE Corps enrolls and accepts candidates into an elementary or secondary (middle/high school) teacher preparation program, with full-time paid teaching in service to a Los Angeles area Archdiocesan school.
2. LMU PLACE Corps Supplemental Info, available for download in the online application.
3. Letters of Recommendation (2): Enter your recommenders name, title, organization, and email address so that the system can send them a confidential form to complete and a link to upload the form.
4. Official Transcripts sent direct to LMU from every college and/or university you've attended. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university (or equivalent) is required prior to beginning coursework.
|Preparing for your Interview|
|Some helpful reading materials as you prepare for your interview:
|POST-ACCEPTANCE: California Teaching Credential Items to Complete|
|California Basic Skills, Subject Matter Competence, and U.S. Constitution Requirements
Please note: These do NOT need to be submitted as part of the application process. Candidates enrolling in a California credential program are asked to check a box in the application with a potential plan on how they may meet basic skills, subject matter, and U.S. Constitution. During the program, our PLACE Corps team will work with you individually on how best to meet these. California provides many avenues for applicants to meet requirements, including, but not limited to prior undergraduate coursework and subject area of bachelor's degree.
Reading Instruction Competence Requirement
Successful passage of the California examination (RICA) for elementary multiple subject credential candidates is required after completion of the literacy class during year two of the program. PLACE Corps staff will keep you aprised of timeline.
Public School Observation Hours
During your program, our team works with you to verify applicable previous observation hours, hours completed within your coursework, and/or additional Public School Observation Hours, as required by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.