LMU's Ed.D. in Educational Leadership for Social Justice program admits as a cohort every summer. We are currently accepting applications for the next cohort beginning in June 2018 and the application deadline is January 25, 2018. We encourage interested candidates to apply early to this competitive program. Request a promo code to waive the application fee.
Statement of Purpose
Your Statement of Purpose should be 2 to 4 pages typed, double spaced and must address the following:
- Why you want to pursue the Ed.D. in Educational Leadership for Social Justice.
- How the Doctor of Education degree fits your career plans.
- Why you want to study at LMU.
- Areas or topics of research interest.
Please note that you will be uploading your Statement of Purpose to the online application after the payment section.
In addition to the online application and Statement of Purpose, additional materials are required to complete the doctoral program application. These materials can be completed after the January 25 online application deadline, but must be submitted in a timely fashion. The following additional materials are required:
- Three letters of recommendation: one should be from your current employer and one from a professor in your master's level program
- Two sealed, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Current resume or curriculum vita (to be uploaded to the online application after the payment section)
- Official GRE score report
Once your complete application has been processed, the Doctoral Admissions Committee will review it to determine your leadership experience, professional goals and academic abilities, as well as your compatibility with the mission and goals of the School of Education and the Ed.D. program. Qualified candidates will then be invited to an interview. Accepted candidates will be notified of the Doctoral Admission Committee's decision email in March, and will be asked to submit a $500 commitment deposit, which is applied to summer session tuition.
Please note: If you are offered admission to the Ed.D. program you must submit a commitment form and $500 deposit to the Graduate Division to secure your place in the cohort. The $500 non-refundable deposit is applied to your tuition at LMU.