The LMU Family of Schools is dedicated to supporting our local K-12 teachers and staff through mutually beneficial collaborations.
FOS Accomplishes this Mission through:
- In-class tutors/mentors for students
- In-class guest-lecturers (e.g. Faculty from LMU to speak to your students)
- College-readiness programs for your students
- After-school or Before-school programs for your students (e.g. After-School Literacy Enhancement Programs)
- LMU campus visits for your students (e.g. Lion for a Day)
- Professional development opportunities for you (e.g. Grant-writing 101)
DonorsChoose.org for Teachers
DonorsChoose.org was started in 2000 and has grown to serve all the public schools throughout the United States. The organization collects proposals from teachers and makes them available to the general public via its website. Individual donors can select classroom projects and contribute as much as they wish to. DonorsChoose.org then purchases necessary supplies and provides them to the schools. Read more / submit a proposal.
Everyday Young Heroes Awards
Each week in the National Service Briefing, Youth Service America (YSA) features an Everyday Young Hero to highlight the achievements and commitment of a student to service. Everyday Young Hero Award winners will receive a certificate and award letter and will be featured on YSA's website. In addition, winners will also be considered for other YSA awards. More info / nominate a young person.