Earn a combined California Teaching credential and an Master of Arts degree. In the easy format of credential in year one and optional master's in year two, the option to complete a California credential-only program is always available.
Transformative Education Program - Year One
- California Multiple Subjects credential (K-5 grade teachers)
- California Single Subject credential (6-12 grade teachers)
Transformative Education Program - Year Two
- M.A. in Transformative Education with choice of concentration
- Digital Learning
- Disability Studies/Inclusive Education
- Educational Policy and Administration
- Language and Culture (Includes bilingual authorization coursework)
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Social, Emotional, and Cultural Learning and Well-Being
Special Education Program - Year One
- California Mild/Moderate Support Needs Educational Specialist Teaching Credential
- California Mild/Moderate Support Needs Educational Specialist Teaching Credential WITH California Multiple Subjects Credential
Special Education Program - Year Two
- M.A. in Special Education
- M.A. in Transformative Education (see advisor for details)
Full Admission and Curriculum details are included in the Teacher Preparation Programs section of this website.
Candidates are first admitted to the Teach For America partnership. From there, they work directly with TFA specialists who direct California candidates to LMU for admission to LMU. Candidates complete California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) in addition to LMU admission requirements.
Per Federal Regulation 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v), all LMU School of Education credential/licensure programs meet the California state requirements as specified by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and for the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences as appropriate. The institution has not made a determination as to whether these credential, licensure, and professional preparation programs meet the requirements of states outside of California. If you are interested in practicing outside the state of California, it is recommended that you contact the respective licensing entity of that state to seek information or guidance regarding their licensure and credential requirements in advance to allow for appropriate planning.