LMU honors its newest graduates with Commencement Ceremonies at the end of the Spring Semester. The ceremony for Bachelor's candidates is held on the Saturday at the end of final examination week, and that of the Master's and Doctoral candidates is on the Sunday at the end of final examination week. The University grants degrees three times per year: August 31, December 31, and at the end of the Spring term. Participation in Commencement is granted to those students who received their degrees the previous August or December or will receive them the May, August, or December of the Commencement year. However, participation in the ceremony does not mean that a degree has been awarded.
- For those intending to graduate, please review the degree application process.
- Please view the Commencement website for ceremony dates and information.
The University Bookstore (lower level, Von der Ahe Building) will be hosting LMU's Grad Fest, March 12-13, 2014. Students can order all their graduation needs and take advantage of exclusive savings at this event. Call (310) 338-2889 for additional information.
Prior to Commencement weekend, the following events are held to honor graduating students. Specific information will be posted as it becomes available:
- Academic Awards Convocation - Thursday, April 24, 2014
- Student Service & Leadership Awards
- Asian Pacific American Graduation Ceremony
- Dia de Reconocimiento: Latino Graduation Celebration
- International Graduate Brunch & Celebration
- Jewish Student Life Graduation Reception
- Kente Graduation
- Lavender Graduation Celebration