Online Preliminary Administrative Services Credential

Online California Preliminary Administrative Services Credential

The California Administrative Services Credential is divided into two segments: a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential and a Professional Administrative Services Clear Credential (Induction Program).  At LMU, we are pleased to offer the online program for the California Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.

LMU's Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Online program is specifically designed to prepare you for administration positions in public, private, charter, and Catholic schools for those that already hold a California teaching or service (e.g. PPS) credential. The Preliminary Administrative Services Credential curriculum may be taken as a stand-alone program (18 units), or can easily be combined with our MA in School Administration, which assures candidates of a comprehensive pedagogical training in school administration.

The Preliminary Administrative Services Credential program is open to applicants who hold a valid California base credential (i.e., a valid teaching credential, PPS credential, or Library Science credential), have a minimum of three years full-time experience with that credential (five years by completion of progam), and are currently employed full-time in an educational setting. (Applicants who do not meet these criteria should alternatively refer to the M.A. in Educational Leadership program instead.)

All Preliminary Administrative Services Credential candidates will successfully complete fieldwork requirements and participate in culminating presentations as evidence of learning and growth.

Online Program Coursework

The following online core courses will be taken by both credential and MA candidates (18 semester units).

  • EDLA 6421: Vision of Learning for Diverse Students, Families, Staff, and Community (3 units)
  • EDLA 6422: Responding to Diversity: Access, Equity, and Educational Opportunity (3 units)
  • EDLA 6423: Student Learning & Professional Growth for Diverse Students, Families, Staff, and Community (3 units)
  • EDLA 6425: Transforming Organizations for Diverse Students, Families, Staff, and Community (3 units)
  • EDLA 6427: Advocacy from a Legal Perspective (3 units)
  • EDLA 6428: Business of Education (3 units)
Fieldwork and CalAPA for Administrative Services Credential and MA candidates
(CalAPA = California Administrator Performance Assessment)
  • EDLA 6441 Administrative Fieldwork/CalAPA Cycle 1 - (0 units; fee based)
  • EDLA 6442 Administrative Fieldwork/CalAPA Cycle 2 - (0 units; fee based)
  • EDLA 6443 Administrative Fieldwork/CalAPA Cycle 3 - (0 units; fee based)

Application & Admissions

Learn more or apply to LMU's California Administrative Services Preliminary Credential Program. A detailed Program Overview/FAQ, Application Packet, and application instructions will be emailed to you for further consideration. This program admits as a cohort each fall semester. Applications are accepted continually based on available enrollment for fall.

Additional Coursework
Master of Arts in School Administration Candidates (14 additional units - total 32) ~ usually available online:
  • EDLA 6105: Assessment & Research Methods (3 units)
  • EDLA 6426: Instructional Technology for School Leaders (2 units)
  • EDUR 6100: Anthropological Analysis of Cultural Diversity (3 units)
  • EDSS 6390: Lifespan Development (3 units)
  • EDLA 6429: Specializing in Charter School Leadership - Online (3 units)
Comprehensive Exam (0 units)
  • EDLA 6995: Primed for Action: Preparation for Comprehensive Oral Examination & Project (0 units)


Per Federal Regulation 34 CFR 668.43(a)(5)(v), all LMU School of Education credential/licensure programs meet the California state requirements as specified by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) and for the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences as appropriate. The institution has not made a determination as to whether these credential, licensure, and professional preparation programs meet the requirements of states outside of California. If you are interested in practicing outside the state of California, it is recommended that you contact the respective licensing entity of that state to seek information or guidance regarding their licensure and credential requirements in advance to allow for appropriate planning.