The LMU Difference
LMU's M.A. in Higher Education Administration offers you several crucial benefits that stem from our distinct educational mission. Our small class size (10-15 candidates) ensures a personalized and collaborative learning environment.
We are a university steeped in the Jesuit educational tradition of men and women in service to others. We value critical and free inquiry, social justice, and reflection.
Faculty, advisors and staff in the LMU School of Education value personal attention, getting to know students to best meet their needs, and approach education in a holistic and socially just manner. Students who graduate from our program are equipped to serve in a variety of higher education institutions and a broad range of administrative areas.
- Faculty will teach and conduct research that critically assesses contemporary practice and advances holistic student learning in order to create a more just world.
- The program values providing students with critical reflection skills when making decisions, analyzing data and creating programs.
- The educational philosophy of the program stresses the importance of adapting to the changing dynamics of higher education.
- Students engage in course work and fieldwork projects that integrate theory and practice.
- Students work with dedicated faculty who had extensive administrative/leadership experience prior to becoming full-time faculty.
- Students will also interact with faculty who are current senior-level administrators from a variety of institutional types.
- Small class sizes assist students in fostering a close relationship with professors and a built-in support network of students.