Our online application is available for browsing and starting at any time. The application does walk you through each of the admission requirements which can help with your planning. You can return throughout the process to update as you go.
Please request a detailed information packet for full instructions on each of the following requirements. We look forward to supporting you through the process.
- Personal Statement of Intent: (3-4 pages, double-spaced)
- Official transcripts (one set) from all colleges and universities you attended. A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or international equivalency) is required for all graduate degree programs.
- Two letters of recommendation (a confidential link will be sent to each of your recommender's)
Candidates admitted to one of the programs are required to submit the following (as described below) as part of the admission process. Basic Skills final verficiation should be completed prior to or during the first semester of enrollment.
- Certificate of Clearance (all MA, LPCC, and PPS programs) - upload proof of submitting your LiveScan fingerprints/application to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. A scanned copy of the official CTC page listing your applcation date is acceptable.
- California Basic Skills Requirement for California PPS Credential Program Applicants only. In the application, you are required to answer the question regarding a "plan" on how you intend to meet the three Basic Skills (reading, writing, and math). Many applicants are able to meet the requirement in each skill area via degree applicable coursework they completed as an undergraduate student with a grade of B- or better. The application provides a self-assessment form of coursework to help you in a self-review of your coursework. Other applicants may use SAT or ACT scores. Some may need to take one or two skill areas from the CBEST exam. The various requirement opportunities are listed at the official CTC Basic Skills link.