Learning in the Cohort Model
On-campus Cohort: The MA CSAD program on-campus cohort follows an “executive format” meeting on selected Weekdays and Saturdays during each semester. All of the MA CSAD courses of the on-campus cohort include an online component. EDLA 6105 and EDUR 6100 are fully online courses.
Online Virtual Cohort (Beginning in Fall 2017): The MA CSAD program on-line cohort meets synchronously and asynchronously for all of the three 3-unit courses. The on-line cohort meets on-campus for a three-day residency requirement course the first weekend in August of the program start year.
Courses Required in Sequence
You will complete these courses over two and a half years of study:
Year One (13 units)
- EDLA 6420 August: An Invitation to Lead (1 unit) on-campus for all cohorts
- EDLA 6430 Fall: Mission-Focused Leadership in Catholic Education (3 units)
- EDLA 6431 Spring: Organizational Leadership in Catholic Education (3 units)
- EDLA 6432 Summer 1: Instructional Leadership in Catholic Education (3 units)
- EDLA 6105 Summer 2: Assessment & Research Methods (3 units)
Year Two (15 units)
- EDLA 6998 Fall: Special Studies - Vision of Learning (3 units)
- EDLA 6422 Fall: Responding to Diversity (3 units)
- EDLA 6998 Spring: Special Studies - Student Learning & Professional Growth (3 units)
- EDLA 6424 Spring: Organizational Management (3 units)
- EDUR 6100 Summer 1: Anthropological Analysis of Cultural Diversity (3 units)
Year Three (3 units)
- EDLA 6998 Fall: Special Studies - Transforming Organizations (3 units)
- EDLA 6995 Fall: Comprehensive Examination (0 units)
Note: All courses of the LMU CCSA program are transferable to the LMU MA in Catholic School Administration (MA CSAD).
MA in Catholic School Administration (MA CSAD) applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA, be currently employed by a Catholic school, be recommended by a current Catholic school leader, and show a demonstrated passion for leadership and innovative change.