- Leadership Initiative Los Angeles Leaders in Education (Preliminary Findings)
- Leavey Center for the Study of Los Angeles
Parent & Community Engagement
- Westchester High School Parent Engagement Report
Per-Pupil Funding & Transparent Budgeting Resources
"Making the Most of Your Co-Location Experience!" Colocation Conference
The Loyola Marymount University Family of Schools, in collaboration with the LMU School of Education, LAUSD and California Charter Schools Association, was excited to host a one-day conference for all principals working at LAUSD co-located sites, as well as representatives from the LAUSD Office of the Superintendent, Charter Schools Division and Educational Service Centers.
This conference was intended to help co-located communities establish valuable protocols and engage in positive interactions that would ultimately benefit all students.
Goals for the conference included:
- Getting to Know Your Neighbor Better - Enjoying the chance to get to know your co-located school leadership outside of the campus setting! Build relationships and gain a better understanding of one another's school models and visions!
- Identifying and Mitigating Challenges - Acknowledging the challenges of co-location and work together to turn them into opportunities!
- Sharing Best Practices - Learning how other co-located campuses are working together to develop best practices! Explore ways to elevate campus collaboration beyond logistics to include such possible areas as instruction, parent engagement, and more!
- Building Excitement for the Year Ahead - Before the start of the new school year, taking the time to plan and get excited about the potential of collaboration!
- LAUSD Co-Located Contact List
- LAUSD Policy Bulletin
- Prop 39 Fact Sheet 2012
- NBCP Proceedings Publication 2010
- Co-Location Interview Data
- Prop 39 Zimmer Resolution
- Co-Location Support Contact List
- Shared Agreement Template
- Family of Schools Co-Location Presentation
- Education Code Section 47614
- Welcome and Objectives of the Day
- Remarks by Board Member Steve Zimmer
- How Can We Improve Our Implementation?
- Lessons Learned: Campus Safety, Communication Protocols, Schedule Coordination, Shared Staff and Services, Student Recruitment
- Remarks by Jose Cole Gutierrez and Sarah Angel
- Lunch Time Movie - Co-location: Turning Perceived Challenges into Opportunities
- School Operations Manager: Jacqueline Olvera-Rojas
- Lessons Learned: Community Engagement, Communication Protocols, Afterschool Sports and Programs, Co-Located Leaders as Thought Partners
- Advice to Those Schools New to Co-Location