With schools moving forward with technology initiatives, there is a systemic need for training and leadership. The Technology Integration Specialist professional certificate program is intended to create a pipeline of teacher-leaders in K-12 schools to effectively, systematically, and intentionally integrate technology into curriculum, instruction, and assessment in collaboration with administrators and teachers, with a focus on establishing a capacity for shared leadership through instructional coaching and professional learning communities and building sustainable change.
In order to meet the growing need for technology leaders in the K-12 schools, this program will offer current classroom teachers an opportunity to develop the skills necessary to effectively and intentionally integrate technology into curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Students will use the leadership and technology training from this program to conduct ongoing technology integration professional development at their own schools, in addition to serving as an accessible resource in the curricular integration of emerging technologies.
Teacher leaders that complete the certificate program will meet the following standards:
- Inspire and participate in the development and implementation of a shared vision for the comprehensive integration of technology to promote excellence and support transformational change throughout the instructional environment.
- Assist teachers in using technology effectively for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students.
- Create and support effective digital age learning environments to maximize the learning of all students.
- Conduct needs assessments, develop technology-related professional learning programs, and evaluate the impact on instructional practice and student learning.
- Model and promote digital citizenship.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions in content, pedagogical and technological areas as well as adult learning and leadership and continuously deepen their knowledge and expertise.
Read more about the program, including course sequence.