Successful participants in the CMAST program will emerge as Teacher Leaders who:
- Create active learning environments that inspire sense-making, perseverance, and communication.
- Design assessments for learning systems that promote growth mindsets in learning mathematics.
- Create learning cultures that embrace mathematical thinking, problem solving, and proof.
- Develop learning environments that inspire students to increase deep understanding in mathematics through intentional design of task integration and questioning techniques.
- Inspire and motivate their colleagues to take ownership of change and their students to take ownership of learning mathematics.
- Engage, inspire, and lead their colleagues in mathematics professional learning communities.
- Support administration in confidently analyzing student evidence of learning mathematics and supporting teachers in developing effective math teaching and learning practices.