Participating School Site: Castelar Elementary School Los Angeles, CA
Dates: June 18 - June 29, 2018
Time: 8:00AM - 12:00PM, Monday - Friday
Thank you for your interest in the LMU-STARTALK Student Program. The Online application for the Student Summer Immersion Program will open Monday, April 16, 2018 at 12:00PM (PST) and will close Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 5:00PM (PST). This year our requirement and continued commitment to the STARTALK program is to offer the opportunity at one central location in the Los Angeles area. We anticipate receiving an increased number of applications from students in many school districts across Los Angeles. The demand for this free program is much higher, and space will once again be limited.
As such, keep the following in mind as you consider applying for the program:
- Applicants are not guaranteed a spot in the program due to space limitation for each grade level.
- Maximum capacity will vary by grade level.
- Interested applicants must complete all steps in the application process to be considered for the program.
- After-hours childcare will not be available.
- Lunches/snacks will not be provided
In order to successfully apply for the 2018 STARTALK-LMU Student Summer Immersion Program, please complete the following steps:
Step 1. Submit an Online Application
The Student Program Online Application will be available starting Monday, April 16, 2018 at 12:00PM (PST).
Please note the following important information:
- This program is designed for students who are currently kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students and who will enter 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade in the 2018-2019 academic year. Students from any school/district are welcome to participate as long as they meet the registration requirements
- Your child must be able to attend all 10 days of the program.
- Applicants will be considered on a first come, first served basis based on grade level and regional criteria. SPACE IS LIMITED! Completing an online application does not ensure your child a spot in the program. Applications will be reviewed by the STARTALK-LMU Leadership Team and participants will be selected to ensure equal distribution at each grade level. Siblings will be given priority when and if possible.
- If you need to correct any information, DO NOT submit a new form. Contact The Center for Equity for English Learners (CEEL) at email@example.com immediately.
- Please DO NOT contact the school site directly. Should you have any questions or need assistance with completing or submitting the online application, contact The Center for Equity for English Learners (CEEL) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All applicants will be notified by Friday, May 25, 2018 via email regarding their application status .
Step 2. Leadership Review
The STARTALK-LMU Leadership Team will review all applications, and participants will be confirmed via email and will be sent a packet with the required forms that must be completed for their child to participate in the 2018 STARTALK-LMU Mandarin Student Summer Immersion Program.
NOTE: You must complete both steps in order to be registered and eligible for the program. Due to STARTALK funding, this is a no-cost program. However, there are a limited number of spaces available.
Please be mindful of the following information:
- Make sure to complete all applicable fields on the forms before returning to STARTALK-LMU. Incomplete paperwork or failure to submit forms will result in your child losing his/her spot in the program.
- No documents will be accepted via fax or email. STARTALK Headquarters requires all original paperwork.
- Submit completed registration packet. Please refer to the email sent to you for additional information and instructions.