- Additional Coursework Required for the Master's Degree and or Credential
- Exit Interview: Candidate must schedule an exit interview with the Special Education Director or Assistant Director. The exit interview must be completed prior to submitting an application for a credential and Master's degree.
- Application for Credential: When all requirements have been completed, candidates must complete an application for a preliminary teaching credential (fee required, see SOE website for more information).
- Intern/Practitioner Credential Requirements: Eligibility for the Intern Credential is determined by the following guidelines set by the California Commission on Teacher Credential (CCTC).
- Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA): After completing EDSS 6601/6602 Language & Literacy in Culturally Diverse Settings (Elementary or Secondary). Candidates are required to take, pass and submit an original score report of the RICA to the Special Education program advisor.
- Application for Master of Arts Degree: Candidate must complete an application for a Master of Arts degree with the Office of the Registrar the semester prior to the completion of degree requirements.
***If you are a student who began their program in Special Education prior to the 15-16 school year, please contact your LMU Advisory or the Special Education Program Director for specifics as the information above outlines the Special Education program beginning in Fall of 2015.