- To develop ethical leaders inspired by the principles of LMU's Mission Statement.
- To provide members support and guidance.
- To provide opportunities to network.
- To share knowledge and to discuss current issues in School Psychology and education.
- To foster skills to become effective school psychologists.
The purpose for this student organization is to allow graduate students in the School Psychology program here at LMU an opportunity to collaborate amongst its fellow cohorts. It is a student organization designed to build interpersonal relationships and share insight on experiences during the course of this program. It offers support for its members and demonstrates characteristics needed for leadership roles. It is a cohesive student organization intended to gain involvement from its graduate students outside of the classroom.
We are trained to do everything, but do nothing alone.
- Notification of research / teaching assistant opportunities (RA or TA) within the School of Education.
- Opportunities to present at state and national conferences (CASP & NASP).
- Opportunities to voice your opinions on issues that help shape the composition of the School Psychology program.
- A small $5 donation is requested by the first meeting date (to pay for refreshments).
- Access to the School Psychology Tuition Scholarship!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Attend all Quarterly (Tuesday) meetings.
- Arrive on time to meetings - FOUR MEETINGS PER YEAR (2 meetings in the Fall, 2 meetings in the Spring).
- Contact your mentors monthly (by email, phone, meeting).
- Actively participate in meetings.
- Talk to Cohort Leaders if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Every academic year members of each cohort will nominate its officers. Each member will then vote for the nominee they best suited for the position - nominees are elected by majority vote (2/3). Elections will take place at the end of May and August each year prior to Fall semester.
Presidents (3rd year)
- Jennifer Manlimos
- Crystal Peralta
NASP Student Leaders (2nd year)
Haley Walin & Megan Wiard
CASP Student Leaders (2nd year)
Rachel Seabrook & Sophia Krakowiak
Cohort Leaders (2nd year)
Alana Van Dyn Hoven & Betty White
Technology Chair (2nd year)
Cohort Leaders (1st year)
Gale Chair (1st year)