- EDES 5101: Teaching and Learning in Diverse Communities
- EDES 5102: Creating and Leading Effective Classroom Environments
- EDES 5103: Language Theory and Pedagogy: Second Language Acquisition
- EDES 5104: Individual Assessment to Inform Instruction for Diverse Students
- EDES 5105: Perspectives and Policies that Guide Education
- EDES 5106: Using Technology in the Classroom
- EDES 5107: Integrated Teaching Methods of Diverse Populations
- EDES 6995: Bilingual Education Comprehensive Exam
- EDES 5108: Integrating Early Literacy, Social Studies, and the Arts in a 21st Century Classroom
- EDLA 5109: STEM INtegrated Methodology and Elementary Curriculum
- EDES 5110: Elementary Teaching Seminar
- EDES 5111: Content Litaracy for Single Subject Educators
- EDES 5112-5117: Secondary Content Methodology in Languages other than English, Social Science, English, Science, Math, or Art
- EDES 5118: Secondary Teaching Seminar
- During the first year of the program, teacher candidates will be placed in a site for clinical practice for three hours on one consistent day per week over 15 weeks (i.e., 9am-12pm every Tuesday).
- During the first semester of the second year of the program, teacher candidates will be placed in a site for clinical practice in the primary grades (TK-2) for two days per week for 6 hours per day over 15 weeks.
- During the second semeseter of the second year of the program, teacher candidates will be placed in a site for clinical practice in the upper grades (3-5) for two days per week for six hours per day for the first 7 weeks of the semester. Then, in the second half of that semester, candidates will transition to full-time student teaching (5 days per week for the remaining 8 weeks of the semester).
Additional Coursework Required for the MA and Bilingual Authorization: Mandarin option
- EDES 5324: Bilingualism and Biliteracy
- EDES 5330: Chinese/American/American Chinese Cultures: An Interdisciplinary Perspective
- EDES 6330: Methodology for Chinese Language Instruction in a Bilingual Setting
Additional State Required Assessments for the CA Credential
- Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST, SAT, etc.)
- CSET exam (Subject Matter Competency Requirement)