Building Bridges through Intercultural Competency: A Symposium on the Future of Education and Ministry in the Church
January 24, 2015
The Loyola Marymount University School of Education, LMU Center for Catholic Education and Catholic Extension hosted, "Building Bridges through Intercultural Competency: A Symposium on the Future of Education and Ministry in the Church" on January 24, 2015.
Welcome and Introductory Remarks:
Dean Shane P. Martin, Ph.D.
Rev. John J. Wall, President, Catholic Extension
Archbishop Jose H. Gomez of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Panel: Building Intercultural Competency and Diversity in the Church
- Dr. Yolanda Brown, D.Min.
- Fr. Allan Figueroa Deck, S.J.
- Ms. Cecile L. Motus, Former Assistant Director, Secretariat of Cultural Diversity in the Church, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Most Rev. Joseph J. Tyson, Bishop of Yakima, Wash.
- Ms. Patricia Vesely, Superintendent of Schools, Diocese of San Bernardino
Panel: Women Religious Building Bridges Between Cultures
- Sr. Claudette Des Forges, C.S.J., Facilitator for Faith Formation & Mission Integration, LMU Center for Catholic Education
- Sr. Emily Jocson, I.C.M., U.S. District Superior of the I.C.M. Missionary Sisters and Executive Director of Proyecto Desarrollo Humano
- Sr. Rosemarie Nassif, S.S.N.D., Ph.D., Director, Catholic Sisters Initiative, Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Sr. Fatima Santiago, I.C.M., Founding Staff Member of Proyecto Desarrollo Humano
- Sr. Mary Angela Shaughnessy, S.C.N., J.D., Ph.D., Distinguished Fellow, LMU Center for Catholic Education and Dean of Graduate School & Legal Counsel, St. Catharine College